Confidence. Consciousness. Compassion
Family Law Mediation Services
We work with Law Firms and other organisations to support families and couples who require Mediation services. Our unique Equine Experiential Learning programs have been designed to support participants in developing key skills such as communication, trust, respect and negotiation, in a healthy and meaningful way.
Our programs range from one-off to weekly sessions and are tailored to meet the individual needs of each client. Working alongside our herd of horses, our trained facilitators help participants build the skills they need to navigate complex situations and move forward in meaningful ways.
Horses require clear communication, authenticity, trust and respect. When we work alongside them, they require these from us, too. As prey animals, they have incredibly astute senses and are highly sensitive to the energy, intention, actions and body language of humans. Their honest, immediate and non-biased responses provides gentle feedback for participants and provides a space, non-judgemental space to develop skills.
Horses serve as a barometer for non-verbal communication and identify incongruences between actions and intentions. They highlight inconsistencies instantly, honestly and without bias. They work solely on how it feels – they cannot function any other way. Horses react to the real person.
Our experienced facilitators guide participants in interpreting their horse’s responses. They provide a framework for examining how these responses parallel to everyday life. To close the loop, as participants adjust their actions and intentions, their horses responses will also shift. The cause and effect is obvious and immediate, and the parallels have a profound and lasting effect.
Developing emotional intelligence through increasing self-awareness lays the foundation for truly authentic, transformational growth.
“Our horse helped us find a better way to communicate with each other. We had to work together to help him understand what we were asking, and to help him feel safe.” Mother & Daughter Program
- Have natural herd behaviours that require trust, respect and teamwork all team members.
- Instincts and senses are highly astute enabling them to pick up on things we may not be aware of.
- Give honest, instant and non-judgemental feedback. They are incapable of responding otherwise.
- Automatically and immediately respond to confusion and frustration, and equally to its resolution.
- Consistently model assertiveness and l lead through assuredness, not force.
- Help instil empathy, kindness and compassion in the participants.
- Can’t lie or overthink a participant’s motive.