“Tell me and I’ll forget. Teach me and I’ll remember. Involve me and I’ll learn”
– Chinese proverb
Youth Skill Development Programs
Imagine the future if we prepared our young people with skills for life?
Our unique programs offer young people the opportunity to work alongside our beautiful horse ‘teachers’ building self-confidence, trust, leadership, communication skills and much, much more!
Why does it work?
The value of working with horses as a teaching tool to learn new skills have been proven time and time again in the teaching of young people. Working with horses creates memories that children and young adults can apply to their lives and retain far longer than sitting in ‘just another classroom’. It has been proven that the more senses that are engaged, the greater the likelihood new learning will be retained. The more we involve learners, the more senses are engaged, thereby increasing the probability that they will learn, retain, and apply what they have learned.
What if we could have a window into our own behaviours?
Horses understand how to differentiate between potentially threatening behaviour and a calm and assertive nature. Children and young people who have the chance to work with our horses learn how to modify their behaviour through sets of exercises that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. This type of teaching cannot be delivered in a classroom. It is the experience of being in close contact with horses that has the most effect on young people.
Our unique and interactive programs provide a powerful journey of teaching, learning and understanding, ensuring the development and retention of necessary life skills to aid in each participant’s personal growth. The horses do the teaching, while our facilitators are there to offer explanation and provide guidance as they work through the solution.
Each of our exercises is custom designed to maximise learning potential and focus on developing individual skills as they work through each fun interactive group challenge. Young people work in small groups of two to four participants and one horse. No horse experience is necessary and no riding is involved, kids partner with our horses from the ground.
- Schools and Youth Organisations – We work with a range of School and Youth organisations, tailoring programs to meet the needs of specific groups of students.
- Term Programs & School Holidays – Each term we offer weekend/after school programs for Primary and High School students as well as school holiday programs.
In each of our programs, teams will work to:
- Develop strong, healthy relationships
- Accept responsibility and accountability
- Overcome barriers to find change
- Be encouraged to be creative and innovative
- Find opportunity in working together
- Realise the benefits associated with the effective communication
- Recognise the value of mutual trust, respect, and personal integrity…..All while having a blast!