What We Do & Why We're Different
“A different language is a different version of life”
– Frederico Fellini, Film Director
Our main point of difference? We have HORSES as teachers
So why do we work with horses?
Horses are acutely aware of their surroundings at all times and react to external stimuli in a very recognisable way to us humans. Horses give instant and honest feedback to the stimulus they receive, which provides a window into our own behaviour.
They are also a herd animal and seek leadership. They are able to differentiate between potentially threatening behavior and a calm and assertive nature, and clearly let us know if they are interested, bored or confused.
How does the use of horses benefit participants?
In order to work through the tasks successfully with their horse, participants need to learn to adjust their feelings and behaviours. This can have positive and lasting benefits for their interaction with others, including their work colleagues or study group.
Horses make the activity engaging, fun, challenging, and truly memorable.
In addition, the sheer size of a horse (400kg+) adds a presence and dimension to the group that cannot be delivered in an office environment.
What can a horse teach you that a human can’t?
- Horses consistently model assertiveness.
- They can’t lie or overthink a participant’s motive.
- Feedback is honest and instant.
- Nature provides them with instincts and senses that are very astute.
- Horses help to instill empathy and kindness in the participants.
- Horses have natural herd behaviours that require trust, respect and teamwork from all members of the team.
- Horses automatically respond to confusion and frustration.
- They lead through assuredness — not brute force.