'Be You' - Online Teen Empowerment Program
‘Be You’ – Teen Empowerment Programs
Our online programs provide an innovative approach to skill development, taking the lessons learned in the arena with our horses and bringing these to the classroom or home. Further, developing emotional intelligence, self-confidence and self-awareness lays the foundation for students to find their true ‘inner-leader’. Programs can be paired with in-person sessions with our horses or taught exclusively in the classroom or at home.
The program has been designed in partnership with educators and is endorsed by child & adolescent mental Health Professionals to ensure the robust nature, and psychological safety of the content provided. For those based in Australia, the program has been developed in line with the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) and the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) curriculum and syllabus guidelines. ‘Be You’ meets required learning outcomes within the NSW PDHPE Syllabus for Stage 4 students.
Throughout the program, students will:
- Strengthen leadership and communication skills
- Build self-awareness and self-confidence
- Develop authentic, trust-based relationships
- Help overcome barriers and embrace change
- Build empathy, respect and compassion
- Cultivate resilience and self-management skills
- Recognise differences as strengths and embrace teamwork
About ‘Be You’
‘Be You’ comprises six complete lessons of 45-50 minutes, arranged over three units of study. Programs are accessed via our online ‘university’ and each lesson includes:
- A narrated lesson content video (approx. 15 – 20 mins )
- Group and/or individual activities with detailed worksheets and discussion questions
- Optional extension exercises for higher ability students
- Optional homework activities
- Additional resources
Content can be taught in schools and youth groups or completed individually. There are two offerings within the ‘Be You’ program:
BeYou@School has been designed for use in schools and youth organisations. Flexible delivery options allow content to be presented in class or via video conference (e.g., Zoom) with the option of online student access to all content and materials (via BeYou@Home). Each lesson can also be paired with a 90-minute in-person session with our horses, via a global network of trained facilitators.
Teachers and youth leaders receive three ‘unit overview’ documents containing six comprehensive lesson plans, as well as access to videos, worksheets and additional resources.
BeYou@Home has been designed for self-paced individual use at home. Parents receive unit overview documents and students receive direct access to all to videos, worksheets and additional resources.